Start to finish: 40 minutes. Makes 6 Servings.
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup uncooked brown rice
- 6 cups torn spinach
- 1 15-ounce can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped or 1 can diced tomatoes (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium zucchini, coarsely chopped (about 1½ cups)
- ¼ cup snipped fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces)
1. In frying pan cook celery, onion, and garlic in hot olive oil over medium heat until tender. Transfer to kettle and add broth, water and rice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
2. Add spinach, beans, tomatoes, zucchini, thyme, and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through. Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle each serving with cheese.