When Fall comes around kids and adults alike are mesmerized by the beautiful orange pumpkins that seem to pop up everywhere…in our gardens, on our neighbor’s doorstep and at our favorite local shops. Pumpkins are great just the way they are, but are fun to decorate too! Here is a collection of unique decorating ideas that we found on Pinterest. Oh glorious Pinterest!
Pumpkin Decorating Ideas
- Put together an autumn pumpkin planter. Hollow out a large pumpkin and plant mums, pansies or other fall fabulous plants.
- Make a succulent topped pumpkin. This is a wonderful fall, earthy look. You can follow the step by step directions or venture out with your own creation.
- Create a pumpkin vase to display your beautiful flowers. You can leave the pumpkin as is or use some of the other ideas below to match your décor.
- Illuminate your pumpkin with a patterned design using a household electric drill. Simply clean out the pumpkin, drill out your design and add light.
- Use duck tape…yes it can really be used for anything! With all the fun design they have our right now it can be the perfect way to spice up your pumpkin.
- Make a handprint pumpkin with you kids or grand kids. Paint the pumpkin a color of your choice or leave it orange, then have your little ones dip their hands in paint and make prints.
- Create a crayon drip pumpkin. This is a great way to use up those broken crayons and create a color pumpkin. All you need is a pumpkin, glue, crayons and a hair dryer.
- Wrap your pumpkin in a fashionable pair of tights or stockings. Grab that pair that you just couldn’t part with but now have a hole and repurpose them. Stylish and fun!
- Score a touchdown by creating this football pumpkin! It’s the perfect centerpiece for the appetizer table at your next football party. Or a surprise for you little football fan!
The most important part of decorating pumpkins is to have a great time making memories. But before you do we have one more tip for you. Here’s some great tips on how to preserve those beautiful pumpkins before you decorate them.
Here are a few of the fun projects we have been working on at Blossom Town!
Follow our Fall Decorating Pinterest Board for more great ideas. Happy decorating and enjoy the warmth and colors of the season!