For many of us autumn is one of our favorite seasons and for good reason. The colors are beautiful, the air is crisp, and the smells are unforgettable. Fall decorating is special because we love off these things so much. Here are 7 of our favorite fall decorating ideas!
Fall Decorating Ideas
1. Kale Vintage-Style Washtub Planter – Hit your local vintage or thrift shop and pick up a washtub. Fill the tub with a collection of fall colored plants like ornamental kale, and pink mums.
2. Pumpkin Tower – A pumpkin tower is a creative idea to spruce up your entryway. Add festive words like fall or boo or add your house number or family name. Moms – This is also a great way to display those cute pumpkins your kids decorate!
3. Straw Bale Floral Arrangement – Fall is also about harvest, embrace that idea with a straw bale floral arrangement. Use the bale as you base and then get creative with fall colored flowers, ribbon, or even small pumpkins or gourds.
4. Repurposed Furniture Planter – Find a use for old wooden furniture, we’ve seen many different styles used. Some are painted bright colors and some left weather. Combine that with an enamelware pail, metal bucket or old watering can as a planter and fill with a mum or floral arrangement.
5. Cabbage Centerpieces – Vegetables are not only tasty, they are beautiful too. Use simple, clear vases and cabbage to create a rustic, natural centerpiece.
6. Succulent Topped Pumpkin or Gourd – Start with a flat topped gourd and a base of Sphagnum or Green Moss. Then top with succulent plants, pines cones, acorns or whatever you can find.
7. Chalkboard Pumpkin Planters – Cute, unique planter for your garden mums. Don’t forget to grab the chalk and pencil a fun messages.
Enjoy the Warmth of the Season
Autumn is a wonderful time of year, add to its beauty with these fall decorating ideas. Looking for even more ideas? Follow our Fall Decorating Pinterest Board or stop by Blossom Town. We’d be happy to chat with you about your decorating needs.
Do you have a favorite fall decorating idea? Did you try any of our ideas above? Please share photos!